- Admin rights to your VideoManager Pro account
You wish to set an IP-Range Protection (with one or more IP-ranges) to make the videos in your VideoManage Pro accessible from a specific location(s) and/or for example your company Network.
1. Create the Security Policy
- Log in to your VideoManager Pro
- Go to the administration area
- On the left menu, click on "Security Policy"
- Click on the "create" button
- Give a transparent name of the new policy (e.g. IP-Range, Company Network Only, Intranet, etc.)
2. Find the relevant CIDR IP-Range
The IP range must be expressed in CIDR format. If you know the IP-Range of your network, location, etc. but not the corresponding CIDR format, you can easily convert it using an online tool. For example, you may use this online resource: https://www.ipaddressguide.com/cidr.
- Copy the IP-Ranges from where you want your videos to be accessible on a notepad like for example the following:
188.8.131.52/32 184.108.40.206/31 220.127.116.11/30 18.104.22.168/31
- On your newly created security policies insert the CIDR IP-Ranges, paste the IP-ranges one by one, and press enter.
- Enable the IP-Range Protection
You do not need to save, your new security policy is already available to your account.
NOTE In case some users of your network are connected through a VPN and you want your videos to be accessible only from your company network, make sure that the proxy that your VPN uses sends the IP-Address of the end-user through a
X-Forwarded-For Header, otherwise the IP address of the end-user will be used, which is outside the IP-Range and the video won't be accessible to them.