- Be admin of the VideoManager Pro account
You wish to find out, whether and which rights have a user on a specific channel. E.g. you have other products (CorporateTube and Webcast), that are integrated with your VideoManger Pro through a technical user. You need to check if the technical user has access to the channels for webcast recording and/or syncing the content from VideoManager Pro channels and CorporateTube's.
Step 1 - Check the ownership group of the channel
- Log into the VideoManager Pro account
- Go to the Administration Area (if you are not an admin, ask any admin of your account)
- In the left-side panel, click on "Channel access"
- On the center area, select the channel
- In the right-side panel you will see the ownership group of the channel
Step 2 - Check if the user belongs to the channel and which role it has
- Remaining on the administration area, from the left navigation menu select "Groups"
- On the group list, select the ownership group you have found in the previous step
- If the user is not in the group, it means it does not have any rights on the channel, if the user is in the group, take note of its role(s)
Step 2 - Check the rights of the role(s)
- Remaining on the administration area, select "roles" from the left navigation menu
- On the roles list, select the role you found in the previous step
- On the right side, you will see all rights a role includes. In particular, rights that relate to channels are at the bottom of the list.
NOTE If the user has more than one role on a specific group, check the rights that also other roles contain. In this case, rights are "summed", so in the end, it has both the rights of one role and the other(s).
NOTE: Some rights depend on others. For instance, if you have the right to see channel content but not the right to see videos, videos that belong to the group contained in the corresponding channel will be invisible to you. If you want to know more about the single right function, please consult our documentation: https://doc.movingimage.com/display/VPA/Rights.