- You must be admin of a VideoManager Pro
You wish to find out, whether and which rights a user has on a specific video.
Step-by-step guide - User's rights on a video:
Step 1 - Find out the ownership group of the video
Each video belongs to one specific ownership group, first of all, you have to find out the ownership group of the video.
- Log in to your VideoManager Pro
- From the video list, search and select the video
- Open the "security" accordion on the right side
- Take note of the ownership group of the video
Step 2 - Search the user in the ownership group
- Go to the administration area
- On the left navigation menu, select "groups"
- On the groups list, select the group you found in the previous step
- On the right side, you will see all users that are in that group. Search the user on the search bar
- If the user is not in the group, it means it does not have any rights on the video, it cannot even see the video. If the user is in the group, take note of its role(s)
Step 3 - Check the rights of the role(s)
- Remaining on the administration area, select "roles" from the left navigation menu
- On the roles list, select the role you found in the previous step
- On the right side, you will see all rights a role includes.
NOTE If the user has more than one role on a specific group, check the rights that also other roles contain. In this case, rights are summed, so in the end, it has both the rights of one role and the other(s).
If you want to know more about the single right function, please consult our documentation: https://doc.movingimage.com/display/VPA/Rights.