- AI Services Package
You wish to automatically generate subtitles and/or metadata for a specific video.
Please note: "AI Services" is a separate feature package. It may not be available with your account. To easily check whether your VideoManager Pro has AI services or not, just have a look at the setting icon next to the "upload" icon over your video list. If this is not present or it is greyed out, you do not have any AI services on your VideoManager Pro. Please, contact your Customer Success Manager at movingimage, in case you are interested in the AI service but you do not have it in your account yet.
1. Indexing the video
First of all, to get AI subtitles and/or metadata, the concerned video must be indexed in the video language. There are two ways of indexing a video. You can index all videos that will be uploaded by default OR you can index a specific video that has already been uploaded.
What can be indexed/generated?
You can index the following metadata and/or subtitles for any video:
|Keywords||Tell the AI service to detect what your video should be organized as and tag it accordingly, using speech recognition and OCR|
|Labels||Tell the AI service to detect and name objects and actions that are in your video|
|Topics||Tell the AI service to detect and generate a list of what your video is about|
|Subtitles||Enable this toggle to generate subtitles in your selected language for your video|
Example of how the different metadata would look like on a real example:
1.a. Indexing all videos by default
You can choose to index all new videos that will be uploaded to your VMPro by default.
Follow these instructions to set a default indexing:
- Navigate to the video list in VideoManager Pro. Click the gear icon to open the "Video Upload Settings" menu.
- After selecting a video language, click the toggle next to the type of metadata you would like to generate. You can choose from keywords, labels, topics, or subtitles. You have the option to generate any combination of subtitles and or metadata (keywords, labels, topic - See the previous point of this article, to see the difference), or just one kind.
All newly uploaded videos will be indexed in the selected languages and settings by default, videos that were already in your VideoManager Pro won't be automatically indexed but can be manually indexed (see next section).
1.b. Indexing a specific video
You can also index a specific video that was already uploaded to your VideoManager Pro:
- Select the video you want to index from the video list
- On the right side, select the "metadata" accordion.
- Go to the "Video Language" drop-down menu.
- Type in or select the language of the video.
- After selecting a video language, click the toggle next to the type of metadata you would like to generate. You can choose from keywords, labels, topics, or subtitles. You have the option to generate any combination of subtitles and or metadata (keywords, labels, topic - See point 1 of this article, to see the difference), or just one kind.
- Click on "Confirm".
2. Waiting for the completion of the indexing process
Once you have confirmed the indexing on a video, the process will start straight away
On the bottom right video asset in the video list, you will see a little spinner symbol.
Once the indexing process has been completed, you will see the language code instead of the spinner symbol.
If you have opted to also generate metadata (keywords, labels, and/or topics), they will have been already generated.
To view your newly created Metadata simply select the video and open the "metadata" accordion. If you wish, you can edit them manually: delete some of AI-created ones and/or add manually new ones.
3. Generate AI subtitles
If you have also toggled "subtitles", before indexing a video, you can now generate subtitles for the video.
Follow these instructions to generate subtitles with AI services:
- Select the video from the video list
- On the right side, click on the blue [ Advanced Video Editing ] button beneath the accordion list. You will be brought to the advanced video editing area for your video.
- Select the "Subtitles" entry in the navigation. And click on "+ Add Subtitles" button.
- Select the video language you wish to have your subtitles (if you choose the same language of the video, you will get an automatic transcription of the video, otherwise the translation of the transcript)
- You can add more languages. Just repeat the here mentioned steps, to create new subtitles in other languages.
4. Check the subtitles (Optional)
Even though the AI-created transcripts and their translation are reliable, we suggest you check them before publishing the video to avoid minor inaccuracies.
Remaining on the subtitles section in "Advanced Video Editing", click on the language corresponding to the subtitles you wish to download. On the right side, click on "EDIT". You can easily edit the subtitles and save the changes directly in the tool.
You can find more information on how to edit subtitles in VideoManager Pro in our documentation. Click here to go to the relevant page.