I wish to select a particular video as the start video of the Homepage of my CorporateTube
OPTION 1: My CorporateTube is not public, it has Single Sign-On protection:
If your CorporateTube is set to private (ie. requires users to be signed in), any of your CorporateTube administrators can set the start video.
NOTE: If you wish to know which users are administrators, please ask your internal Support Admin. If your internal Support Admin is unaware, please ask them to open a support request with the movingimage Team.
Step-by-step guide (OPTION 1 - Protected CorporateTube):
First of all, be sure to be an admin of your CorporateTube or ask an admin to follow these steps. Otherwise, this option will not available to you.
1. Navigate to the desired video either from the channels or from your "My Videos".
2. Click the triple-dot icon in the description box under the player.
3. Click on "Select as Home start video".
NOTE if you want the selected video to be the start video of the related channel, just click on "Set as channel start video".
Step-by-step guide (OPTION 2 - Public CorporateTube):
If your CorporateTube is set to public, the start video needs to be set within the CorporateTube Administration Area.
In this case, you cannot select a specific start video but a channel from which CorporateTube will pick the last uploaded video of the channel as a home start video.
1. Create a specific channel in the connected VideoManager Pro account (Optional)
If you wish that a video is permanently the home start video of your CorporateTube, we suggest creating a specific channel on the connected VideoManager Pro, name it with a transparent name (e.g. CorporateTube Start Video), and upload the video you want to have as a start video. If you wish to change the start video of your CorporateTube, just upload the new video to the same channel.
2. Log in to CorporateTube Administration.
NOTE to log in you may use the link, if available, from your VideoManager Pro Drop-Down menu.
3. In the left side panel click on "content".
4. Within the "Home" tab, click on the first drop-down menu (under Start video Channel).
5. Start typing the name of the channel from which you want the start video to be taken from (channel names will be automatically completed based on existing ones).
NOTE If you do not find the channel you wish to use as a start video channel, it may be that the technical user that connects your VideoManager Pro and your CorporateTube has no access to that channel. Read this troubleshooting guide to know more.